Tuesday, June 26th at 9pm is the Aurally Visual: Part 1 screening wherein my film "The Waif of Persephone" will be playing...here's some info:
Program 1 of 2
Tuesday, June 26
9 pm – 10:30 pm
Northwest Film Center: Whitsell Auditorium / Portland Art MuseumCurator:
Animation and music have a symbiotic relationship that goes back to the beginnings of the art form. Aurally/Visual is not an historic overview but a snapshot, a sampler, a look at the past 10 years of blending music, animation and motion graphics. From Joel Trussell’s Heavy Metal Pirates Flash-animated masterpiece War Photographer (Music by Jason Forest) to Steve Woloshen’s Hendrix meets McLaren meets Birth The Curse of the Voodoo Child to Mark Kausler’s retro, hand drawn, hand painted (no digital tools used here) It`s the Cat, Aurally/Visual is an eye-popping mix sure to entertain.
- Calexico: El Kabong Rides Again (2001) directed by George Evelyn (1:49)
- Bonobo: Flutter (2003) directed by Chris Rule & Ben White (3:45)
- Tower Bawher (2005) directed by Theodore Ushev (3:46)
- Gotye: Hearts A Mess (2007) directed by Brendan Cook (4:39)
- Aria (2001) direted by Piotr Sapegin (10:45)
- The Boy Who Saw Icebergs (2000) directed by Paul Driessen (8:49)
- Gorillaz: Feels Good directed by Jamie Hewlett & Pete Candeland (4:25)
- They Might be Giants: Bastard Wants to Hit Me (2005) directed by Aaron Sorenson & Courtney Booker (2:12)
- Pas de Deux de Deux (2001) directed by Paul Bush (5:30)
- When The Day Breaks (2001) directed by Wendy Tilby & Amanda Forbis (9:33)
- It’s The Cat (2004) directed by Mark Kausler (3:40)
- The Waif of Persephone (2006) directed by Nick Cross (12:10)
- The Curse of The Voodoo Child (2005) directed by Steve Woloshen (3:20)
It looks like a really good show, I've seen quite a few of these films and they are all really good...it's quite an honor to be included in this line-up. I wish I could be there for this, but alas I'm living the life of an indentured servant, chained to a desk for 23 out of 24 hours a day.
But don't let the thought of my torture stop you from having a great time at PLATFORM!
Here's a little video clip treat for you illustrating my life at present! Enjoy!